To ensure that our students are dressed in a manner that is comfortable for them, yet appropriate for a school setting, the following rules for school dress will be emphasized. You may refer also to the CASD Attendance and Discipline Policies handbook.
* Shirts, tops and dresses must have at least a one-inch shoulder strap for female students. Thin strapped tops and dresses are prohibited. Shirts and tops that expose the midriff area of the body and/or a large area of the back are not acceptable. Spaghetti straps are prohibited! Tops which limit exposure of cleavage are best for females in our school setting.
*Pajama bottoms, tops, and slippers are not acceptable for school.
* Clothing constructed from see-through material is not permitted.
* Undergarments must not be exposed. Drooping, low-waisted pants that show underwear are not to be worn.
* Clothing and accessories shall not have writing, pictures, or insignias considered offensive or that promote drugs, alcohol, sexual activity or tobacco. Also, clothing shall not have writing, pictures or insignias with double meanings.
* Headwear is prohibited inside the building for males and females - including hats, caps, scarves, bandanas and sweatbands.
*Coats must remain in lockers during school hours.
* Shorts, skirts, dresses, etc. should be of a reasonable length. To test acceptability – relax your shoulders and place arms at your sides. If your hands touch material, the length is acceptable.
* Torn or ripped clothing is not acceptable as dress for school. Jeans with holes must be at or below the knees only.
THE ADMINISTRATION WILL MAKE THE FINAL DECISION REGARDING ANY ITEM OF CLOTHING OR JEWELRY CONSIDERED DANGEROUS OR NOT APPROPRIATE. STUDENTS VIOLATING THE DRESS CODE POLICY WILL BE ASKED TO CHANGE OR SENT TO THE PRIVATE STUDY ROOM.